It’s that time of year again. Things are speeding up, the dance card looks full. Shops pump out annoying Christmas Carols making shopping unpleasant, police breathalizers are on the road even in the morning. Fast food is the now the go. No, not the stuff one grabs from the place with the golden arches (or one of its ugly cousins). However we do reserve the right to visit a Maccas in Paris when in need of a toilet!
The following little feast makes dinner for two. Measurements are flexible, things are thrown together. Ordered Chaos.
8 fresh sardine fillets ( already butterflied)
grated parmigiana cheese- 1/2 cup
dry breadcrumbs – around 1 cup.
1 -2 eggs
- Mix the parmigiana with the crumbs in one bowl, beat the egg/s in another.
- Dunk the fillets in the egg first, the coat generously with the crumbs.
- Rest them while making the salad.
A big chunk of watermelon
a handful of mint leaves, torn
fetta cheese, such as Dodoni
a handful of pine nuts, toasted
lemon or lime juice
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut the watermelon into big chunks. Cut the fetta into small cubes. Add these to the serving bowl.
- tear in a generous amount of mint leaves ( destalked) some toasted pinenuts ( or other nuts on hand- toasted).
- Add juice of one lemon or lime and a drizzle of oil.
Fry the fillets in olive oil for one minute on each side. Lay on paper towels to remove excess oil. Toss the salad and serve, preferably all’aperto, outside or by the pool.
3 thoughts on “Watermelon Salad with Sardines – 10 minute fast food”
I’m so excited about sardines coming back into season! I saw some last week! 😀
WANT. THIS. NOW!!!!!
If only we lived closer.